How do I know When it is time to consider a St Louis Home Care Agency Caregiver?
Is it time for a professional St. Louis Home Care Agency Caregiver?
Care. It may be a small word, but one that encompasses many emotions and physical activities when it comes to caregiving. Caring for an aging parent or spouse is both demanding, both physically and emotionally. Family caregiver stress and burnout are all too common, and your health often deteriorates faster than the aging loved one you’re caring for. Seniors want to maintain their independence and dignity so they won’t usually ask for help until they’ve suffered a fall or had a hospital stay. A physician or social worker might recommend a senior home care agency, but it’s not always easy to determine when it’s the right time, and which services are needed.
It might be time for senior in home care when your loved one:
- Stops preparing full meals, lives on TV dinners, or often says they just aren’t hungry.
- Lets their daily hygiene start to slip.
- Forgets to take medications or confuses medications.
- Doesn’t pay bills on time or forgets to deposit checks.
- Becomes fearful about driving or limits their driving (avoids busy streets or doesn’t drive after dark).
- Starts limiting contact with family and friends. Doesn’t engage with others in group situations.
It might be time you reach for the help of a professional St Louis Home Care Agency Caregiver service when you:
- Live too far away to reach your loved one quickly in an emergency.
- Lose time at work because of your family caregiver responsibilities.
- Put your own life ‘on hold’.
- Experience isolation, depression or just feel overwhelmed.
- Feel guilty and stressed, despite doing all that you can, like you’re not doing enough.
- Have difficulty lifting your loved one, or it’s causing physical pain.