Our Caregiver Team - The Foundation of Our Success
"For our clients, their home is everything. It is their window to the past, their safe haven for today, and their legacy for the future. That’s why we do what we do." – founders of Assistance Home Care.
Best Home Care in St. Louis requires attracting, developing and retaining the Best of the Best
We completely understand the success of Assistance Home Care is directly related to the in-home caregivers we hire as employees. To ensure that we attract and hire the best of the best home care caregivers the St. Louis area has to offer , we look for people who exhibit a passion for caring for seniors and those in need and who view their assignments as more than just a job. Taking this responsibilty very seriously, we have incorporated a rigorous 16 multi step screening process.
While our caregivers in the Saint Louis area come from a wide variety of backgrounds and nationalities, they all must be compassionate individuals with substantial caregiving experience. We offer three levels of at home care in St Louis ranging from Companion Aide, Home Health Aide to Certified Nursing Assistants to meet our client's individual care needs.
Since good communication is essential for a good client experience, all caregivers must be able to demonstrate the ability to speak, read and write the English language.
All of our in-home caregivers are bonded, insured (both Workers Compensation and Liability), and are our employees, not subcontractors.
16 Step Home Care Hiring Screening Process
Each Assistance Home Care caregiver must submit to our rigorous hiring process that requires the following:
- Meet caregiver requirements and complete online application for employment
- A comprehensive, telephone interview
- A comprehensive, in-person interview with our Director of Client Care
- A comprehensive, in-person interview with our Owners
- Verification of previous employment
- Verification of professional licenses and certifications
- Authorize and conduct personal and work reference checks
- Federal, State and County criminal background check
- Pre-employment and random drug screening checks
- Missouri Family Care Safety Registry check
- Verify valid Drivers License and run regular DMV checks
- Verify proof of motor vehicle insurance
- Social Security number verification
- Verify proof of legal status to work in the United States
- Social Network Review
- Orientation and Training Participation
Training and Orientation
As part of our requirements, Assistance Home Care delivers 12 hours of continuing education each year to each caregiver. Caregivers must also pass tests to demonstrate competency. Specific training topics include:
- Caregiver Wellness
- Caring for Someone with Mid to Late Stage Alzheimer's Disease
- Communication Skills
- Companion Homemaker: Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing Cultural Competence
- Elder Abuse and Neglect
- Essential Bedrest Skills
- Fall Prevention
- Fire Safety
- HIPAA in Homecare
- How to Communicate Effectively With Someone Who Has Hearing Loss
- How to Communicate with Someone Who Has Alzheimer's Disease
- How to Communicate With Someone Who Has Aphasia
- How to Help Someone Who Uses a Wheelchair, including Walkers, Crutches and Canes
- How To Manage Medications
- How to Measure Vital Signs
- How to Use a Mechanical Lift
- Infection Control and Bloodborne Pathogens
- Nutrition and Meal Preparation for Older Adults
- Personal Care
- Safety and Housekeeping
Caregiver Evaluation Process
All caregivers are supervised by our Director of Client Care, who ensures that the caregiver understands the individual Plan of Care for each client. She makes supervisory visits to update the Plan of Care and evaluate quality of care provided. Caregivers are evaluated on an ongoing basis and receive annual performance evaluations by the Director of Client Care and the Owners.
Assistance Home Care provides home care services with fully employed caregivers in Saint Louis, Saint Charles, Lincoln and Warren Counties in the State of Missouri. Contact us today if you have questions or would like to schedule a complimentary assessment.