Dementia & Alzheimer’s Care
Our company exists today because our family was impacted by Alzheimer’s Disease and knows all too well the challenges that families face when caring for a loved with Alzheimer’s Disease or related Dementia. Each of our offices are supported by an Area Care Manager who possess the distinction of being a Certified Dementia Specialist and trained in the CARES Training Methodology established and supported by the Alzheimer’s Association. It is important to Sally and I that our company possess the highest level of Dementia Certification available from the Alzheimer’s Association to provide the greatest level of support for our Clients, their families and our Care Team each and every day.
Caring for a Person with Dementia:
- Starts with hiring and retaining employees committed to bringing sunshine and smiles and a positive “Can Do” attitude into our client’s homes.
- Means having the right level of training and support for our employees to ensure we navigate whatever challenge may come our way.
- Takes a commitment to ensuring a consistent Care Team for our clients and avoid the potential for a “Revolving Door” of Caregivers.
- Requires great communication with everyone involved and sharing what’s working and what’s not to ensure we adapt to the ever changing care landscape.
- Takes a Care Team committed to evolving and making positive adjustments whenever needed to ensure we provide Peace of Mind for everyone involved.
Assistance Home Care is a big supporter and promoter not too mention actively involved, since our earliest days with the Alzheimer’s Association of Greater St. Louis and Memory Care Home Solutions. We are committed to supporting families impacted by this terrible disease and helping to support those organizations who help families impacted in our local area.
If you are in need of information or ideas on how we may be able to assist you and your family, call us today! 314-466-3227